POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : potplant 37.8k : Re: potplant 37.8k Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: potplant 37.8k
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 28 Jun 2000 16:41:31
Message: <MPG.13c466d9c5f77b5698971a@news.stmuc.com>
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:44:19 +1200, Ian Witham wrote...
> Hi there,  I'm new to the pov-ray newsgroups... but you seem like a friendly enough
crowd.

> With this in mind I have decided to offer this here picture for criticism.  Don't
hold back, tell me how to make it the best pot plant ever... I was going for something
like a Cantonese Lace. I used SplineTree and some scanned leaves for the plant, h.f.
for the dirt, and csg for the pot.

> The area light shadow of the foliage looks even grainier on a less compressed
image.. how can I fix this? (make nice soft shadows)

> Ian

Looks like a young bonsai to me.

I think it needs a little more foliage, but nice, nonetheless.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.