POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spiral(ish) anim (303Kbu) - Fairly large - spiral_small.mpg [1/1] : Re: Spiral(ish) anim (303Kbu) - Fairly large - spiral_small.mpg [1/1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral(ish) anim (303Kbu) - Fairly large - spiral_small.mpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 15 Jun 2000 18:25:00
Message: <MPG.13b366abd2d4687c9896f2@news.stmuc.com>
> | Well, this is my first animation posted to this group.
>
> Glad you could make it.

Not had anything I considered worth posting before :)

> | It's deliberately erm, shall we say 'primitive' as it was the result of
> | about 30 minutes fiddling in Moray.  It's based on a desk toy I saw in a
> | Gadget Shop, so I can't even take any credit for the original idea. :)
> |
> | Oh, and it's important to note that at no time does any part pass through
> | any other part of the object (did that make sense?)
>
> Yep.  I have one of these things, except it's only three pieces of a single
> sine wave shape each.  Original or not it's once again different for POV as
> I've never seen one done until now.

Yeah, the one I saw in the shop was much shorter than this one, but it
was just chrome plated waves on a black plastic base.

> I wonder if there is something special about using only one color since mine
> here is black (just one has a red ball on top{!?}).  That one you saw at the
> shop all one color too then?  Btw, you can see the very top part of the one
> here far behind my head in my photo at either my "personal" web page or Dave
> Blandston's page of people.  And if anyone goes to actually look I'll give
> them my homemade ice cream recipe (another {!?})

It's all in Black and White because I did it in about 30 minutes, based
on memory, and created the grand total of 1(one) texture for use in the
scene <grin>  And that was a plain white solid colour, with Black as the
bg colour, and rgb <1,1,1> light sources.

Besides, I wanted to see if I could get the animation to work properly
with no rogue elements before I started thinking about textures.

Maybe I'll render another version with decent textures and some camera
movement.

If I do, I'll cancel the first post, and upload the newer version, to
save server space.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.