POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Fur Texture : Re: Fur Texture Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fur Texture
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 14 Jun 2000 17:07:08
Message: <MPG.13b201a058fda2d9896ee@news.stmuc.com>
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:10:16 +0200, Rune wrote...
> "Tony Micklus" wrote:
> > Does anybody know of a good fur texture or a technique
> > on how to make one? I am trying to work on my IRTC entry
> > and I need a texture that looks like bear fur. Any help
> > would be appreciated.
>
> I posted a fur texture in this group a while ago, don't know if you can use
> it...
>
> See the message FurTex posted April 26 2000.

If you can get a triangle mesh of the object you want fur on, then you
can use the PCM (Mesh compressor) include to render individual hairs.

I don't have a URL for the include, but I'm sure somebody else can
provide one.

And if not, then I can mail you the .zip of it direct.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.