POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hf_normal_at (36k) : Re: hf_normal_at (36k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hf_normal_at (36k)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 13 Jun 2000 15:28:57
Message: <MPG.13b091c56a8b3cd19896e6@news.stmuc.com>
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:59:29 -0500, Bob Hughes wrote...
> "Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> |
> | Just did a small macro for "hf_normal_at" (similar to hf_height_at)
> |
> | I do not know, if someone has done this before, if anybody is interested
> | in the code, let me know.
>
> That's good and all but the obvious question would be "Why?" since 'trace()'
> already does this.

You're making one rather large assumption there...

You're assuming that everybody uses MegaPOV, since AFAIK, trace() isn't
yet an official POV function :)

I still use plain old 3.1g on the grounds that if I ever get a scene I
feel is worth releasing the code for, then I don't want people to be
unable to trace it just because they haven't downloaded a patched version
of POV.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.