POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rounded Letters ~ 60K : Re: Rounded Letters ~ 60K Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounded Letters ~ 60K
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 8 Jun 2000 19:19:22
Message: <MPG.13aa272da3f519ad9896da@news.stmuc.com>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:45:29 +0200, Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote...
> > I think the goofiest thing is when people say the INC, the JPG, and the discussion
of a project must
> > go into three separate pov newsgroups..........
>
> I prefer images here, scene in pbs-f (three?) because posts are way easier to
> find that way. Especially general purpose include files like this which I may
> want to use in one maybe 4 years time. I seriously doubt I will have this post
> in disk cache by then. (pbi occupies 30 MB allready)

Only 30Mb?  It's up to 57 Mb on my machine and I've only been reading for
a few months...  Admittedly I did download 2000 back posts when I first
subscribed :)

And personally, I don't really object to relatively small source files
being posted here, but it's nice to have them posted to the 'correct'
NG's too so that I could find them later on without having to remember
that they were in p.b.I.

Of course, my opinion means less than that of those who
run/administer/host these NG's <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.