POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1] : Hot and cold V1.2 13.9Kbu - Hot_and_Cold2.jpg [1/1] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Hot and cold V1.2 13.9Kbu - Hot_and_Cold2.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 30 Apr 2000 10:40:00
Message: <MPG.137654c87c36d35e98968d@news.stmuc.com>
I've tweaked the density staements on the LH object, and the outer halo
is a little more dense and visible in this version.

On a side note, does anybody out there know how to make a fairly dense
looking media, but through which you can still clearly see an object in
the centre?  Specifically, I need a mildly turbulent Mid Orange media,
through which can be clearly seen a Dark Orange Star.

I may be missing something obvious, but the only solution I can come up
with is to texture the Star object as matt Black with an ambient of 1.0,
and allow the media to tint it to the required colour and intensity.

Enough rambling for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: