POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1] : Re: Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 30 Apr 2000 10:39:50
Message: <MPG.13764335fec3346d98968c@news.stmuc.com>
In article <390B9441.FDD22198@faricy.net>, dav### [at] faricynet says...
> If the first one weren't so blue it could be dry ice maybe. Well, anyway,
> it looks like something around -200F giving off vapor.
> The second one is a good explosion, just change the halo around it to gray
> to make smoke...

The (possibly) excessive blue in the LH object was deliberate.

I suppose I should state right off that I am usually pretty heavily
influenced by anime/manga designs and conventions.  And besides, I
thought it looked nice :)

I think I need to go back to the original halo around the LH object
though.  It was much less diffuse and looked more like vapour being given
off from the aforementioned cold object.

And I don't really think that the RH one works for an explosion, except
possibly in microgravity and vacuum, it's far too regular and spherical.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.