POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1] : Re: Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hot and cold? 16.2Kbu - Hot_and_Cold.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 29 Apr 2000 20:28:54
Message: <MPG.13758d28b6ca9ecf98968a@news.stmuc.com>
> > I saw tonyb's media games, and decided to see how much of a headache I
> > could give my PC by using media inside media...
> >
> > The one on the left has two media containers, one external CSG 'shell'
> > and a central sphere, whilst the one on the right has three concentric
> > spheres.
> >
> > Personally, I quite like the left hand object, and all I need to do now
> > is come up with a reason to use it in an image...
>
> Hmm, looks like a closeup of a blue dwarf star on the left, and a
> long-range photo of a red giant on the right.

That was one of the concepts that sprang to mind to explain the LH object
(I had no predetermined goal, I just kept fiddling till it looked right),
but the other one was the small, PSB (PseudoScientific Bulls#!t) freeze
capsule from Demolition Man (ie the Stallone/Snipes Scifi movie)

Or it could be a blast from a freeze gun, or whatever your subconscious
drags up.

One point is that the CSG shell actually overlaps the inner sphere by
.001 POV units (Both objects are spheres 2 units in radius) and without
the overlap, the central mass in in the LH object doesn't look half as
good.

<yawn>

Well, once the current download is done, I'm off to bed, so...

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

(Tired enough to mistype his own name.  Twice>