POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I got bored the other day... - Classic_Icon.ico [0/1] : Re: I got bored the other day... - Classic_Icon.ico [0/1] - Classic_Scene.jpg [0/1] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I got bored the other day... - Classic_Icon.ico [0/1] - Classic_Scene.jpg [0/1]
From: Jamie
Date: 9 Apr 2000 07:10:12
Message: <MPG.1359c6dc63b4256e989682@news.stmuc.com>
In article <38efaa3e@news.povray.org>,
per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News says...
> Glad you could make it, welcome.
> It would probably have been best to just upload the Bmp instead of Ico, since
> the idea is to see it here.  Although unless you know already other larger Bmp
> files may as well be taboo so Jpg is the preferred choice.  More to know if you
> haven't read the povray.frequently-asked-questions group here yet, will tell
> plenty about things at these newsgroups.

I did upload the bmp.  It just had the extension changed to .ico :)

If you want to see the original .bmp, change the file name from
Classic_Icon.ico to Classic_Icon.bmp.

The reason I didn't encode it to .jpg is that I couldn't see the point
with a 3k image.  If I had rendered it at 800x800 or somesuch, then yes,
I'd have jpeg'd it.

For those who are interested in such things, it took 6 minutes 29 seconds
for the 32x32 image to render on a PII-300, mainly because of AA0.01, 9x9
samples, and maximum depth of 5...

Hohum, thanks for the comments anyway.  And just for you, I'll post the
entire 1.3k .jpg <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.