POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newsgroup readers. : Re: Newsgroup readers. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newsgroup readers.
From: Rudolph Velthuis
Date: 9 Feb 2000 18:39:14
Message: <MPG.130bee53b8b03a1a989681@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote...

>The biggest plus that I've found in Agent is that it does not lose its
>data upon reinstallation. It has survived innumerous re-installs of
>95, OSR 2.1, 98 and even NT once without a problem (as opposed to OE
>and NS which write so much stuf to the registry it's impossible for
>thir data to survive an OS reinstall).

FYI, Gravity can do the same. It even has a backup utility that will save
all settings and newsgroup data to a single file. I used that to move
from one computer to another.

And Gravity will accepts as many server entries as you like. So what
Thomas wants is very well possible, but would store all data for that
server (even if two of them are the same) in a separate folder.
--
Rudy Velthuis