POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Managment : Re: Memory Managment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Managment
From: Phoenix
Date: 12 Feb 1999 12:22:33
Message: <MPG.112e81c7930616c989686@news.povray.org>
'T was on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:01:50 -0800,
that Ken wrote:
> While I appreciate your comments I was hoping to get just a little
> bit more than that's just the way things are. Are there alternatives
> to the way I have my system set up so as to optimize the performance
> or is windows and the program conspiring against me.

As Rudy said, Windows is a huge memory hogger and I have yet to find a
way to tell it otherwise...

The best thing you can do is restart Windows and run nothing but POV...

Phoenix

--
eag### [at] telekabelnl                       http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
The POV-Ray VFAQ: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html