POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Managment : Re: Memory Managment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Managment
From: Phoenix
Date: 12 Feb 1999 09:29:41
Message: <MPG.112e5995e1f78a7c989685@news.povray.org>
'T was on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:18:44 -0800,
that Ken wrote:
>   What I don't understand is with 128 megs of ram memory on board why would my
> swap file ever grow so large when the system memory is sufficient to cover the
> use of the programs being run ? I know the speed increase of using ram memory
> over swap file memory is significant and would prefer to run in that environment.

Start up the system monitor and see how much memory is used at the
moment. You'd be surprised to see how much memory is already hogged up at
startup...

It's a Windows thing. Don't try to understand it...   :|

Phoenix

--
eag### [at] telekabelnl                       http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
The POV-Ray VFAQ: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html