POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Stuck in a crashing queue. : Stuck in a crashing queue. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:05 EDT (-0400)
  Stuck in a crashing queue.
From: Mike Williams
Date: 8 Oct 2001 01:00:28
Message: <LhKZVDAuHTw7EwHY@econym.demon.co.uk>
I just downloaded beta 5, and queued a considerable number of scenes to
check if they all still work correctly. I also happened to switch on
"Reload on startup", which turned out to be A Bad Move.

One of the scenes is causing the program to crash instantly. So now
every time I start the program it reloads the queue, starts to render
the problem scene, and crashes. The crash occurs before the splash image
closes, and the splash covers the stop button, so I can't stop the
render before it crashes. So the next time the program starts, the same
scene is still at the top of the queue, and the same thing happens
again.

PVENGINE caused a stack fault in module
PVENGINE.EXE at 018f:0046bd9b.

I don't have a simple example scene that crashes yet. All the ones that
crash so far are rather complex.

POV 3.5b5, AMD K6-2 500, 128Mb.

--
Mike Williams