POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? : Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" onlinesomewhere? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" onlinesomewhere?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 12 Oct 2001 16:06:55
Message: <LUzHO=AQFHIGR5JkuStP5dP1tNlO@4ax.com>
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:55:13 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>I think then you really have problems with your system in general.  Maybe to
>much overclocking? ;-)

I don't overclock.

>Seriously, I have yet to see a system that was more unstable using IE 4 than
>using IE 3 assuming it was stable in the first place. IE 5/6 are a bit
>different, but surely not IE 4.

I just checked something, and I have a retraction and a clarification
to make:

The version of IE that I installed was actually IE5, and not IE4. It
was IE5 that made my system lock up, and not IE4.

However, I'm still against requiring any Microsoft browser "upgrades"
just to run POV-Ray for Windows properly.

Later,
Glen