POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X-server : Re: X-server Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-server
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Feb 2000 16:00:15
Message: <L4itOAlYsGVKKBPOzE+3uGPS5spJ@4ax.com>
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:13:57 +0100, Axel Hecht
<ah### [at] numerikuni-kielde> wrote:

>Sorry Peter,
>no idea of an GLX enabled server for Win32.

:`(

>And moonlight uses Mesa, just checked the webpage.

Yeah, today I noticed that too.

>Of course, if you have a cool XServer like XFree86 (those 4.0 beta
>versions) or Xallerate (or whatever it's called) then you get
>hardware accellaration

My Linux box is a K6/193 with an S3ViRGE (I don't need it but the mobo
complains when there's no video board). My Windows box is a K6III/450
with a Savage4  AGP. You can see why I need a OpenGL-enabled X server
for Windows :)

There's one but I've been trying to request a free CD for two weeks
and the damn server keeps telling me "System is currenty busy, please
retry later." Can't they just say they're out of CDs? :)

Peter Popov
pet### [at] tagpovrayorg
ICQ: 15002700