POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Use of non "letter" true type fonts : Re: Use of non "letter" true type fonts Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of non "letter" true type fonts
From: Mike Williams
Date: 28 Feb 2001 13:07:49
Message: <IZ4FJDA10Sn6EwJ4@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it The "D" who wrote:
>I have run accross an odd situation. I was trying to do some greek 3d
>lettering with pov-ray but when I tried to use the font (a greek font dl'd
>from a Christian site) I didn't get greek characters. Instead I got what
>looked like a 1 and then some digital looking 0's (it may have been boxes
>I'm not sure). Trying the standard windows symbol.ttf I got the proper
>results. My question is, does povray require the font's to be 32-bit win95
>fonts? I think the first font I tried was a win3.x 16bit font.

My machine came with three greek TTF fonts. Two of them (greekc__.ttf
and greeks__.ttf) work correctly in POV, and one (versafontgk.ttf)
produces the effect you mention but also produces warning messages like
"Character 67 (Ox43) not found in c:\windows\fonts\\versafontgk.ttf"
for each character in the text string.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure