POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rope macro - Work in progress : Re: Rope macro - Work in progress Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope macro - Work in progress
From: Mike Williams
Date: 3 Mar 2005 05:10:49
Message: <IJyx9BASJuJCFw6g@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Thomas de Groot who wrote:

>"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> schreef in bericht
>news:Ya6### [at] econymdemoncouk...
>>
>> If you happen to find out why that doesn't work, and how to fix it,
>> please let me know.
>>

>I had no problems, Mike!
>I included the file name to the macros, then called the rope with the
>following code (in Rope.pov, but could be in any other scene I guess):
>
>#include "ropedata.inc"
>object {Surface
>  texture { uv_mapping
>    pigment {gradient v-5*u
>      colour_map {
>        [0   rgb <1,0.8,0.7>]
>        [0.5 rgb <1,0.8,0.7>*0.5]
>        [1   rgb <1,0.8,0.7>]
>      }
>      scale 0.003
>    }
>  }
>  translate <0.5, 0, 0.5>
>}
>

>...and I got two identical ropes side by side (the original one, and the one
>from ropedata.inc).

I said that bit works. The file gets saved correctly.

The bit that doesn't work is when makemesh checks to see if the file
already exists and is supposed to read the data rather than
recalculating it. When I used makemesh in the same way in my SweepSpline
macro it all worked.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure