POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Christmas Tree : Re: Christmas Tree Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas Tree
From: Marc van den Dikkenberg
Date: 17 Dec 2001 16:49:10
Message: <IGYePLgZemdjqn3EoggG00vh0nLq@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:32:58 -0600, "bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

>And a Merry Christmas to you, I too hope everyone has a good holiday.  The
>floating hearts are a nice touch.
>I still have a tree I was doing years ago that I can't render too easily at
>a decent resolution.
>
>As Frits kindly pointed out animated gif can be a bit on the slow side for
>most people, for the amount of content anyway.  One good thing about gif
>though is that it animates instantly afterward rather than loading into a
>player each time.

Depending on what newsreader you use, of course.

I'm using Forte Agent which does not show GIF's inline... And to make
matters a little more complicated, the application associated with .GIF
(LviewPro) doesn't support animated GIF's...

so viewing animated GIF's is actually quite a bit more of a pain than
viewing MPG's or AVI's...
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg