POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow : Re: Rainbow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow
From: Mike Williams
Date: 13 Dec 2008 19:23:41
Message: <HME3FBBTEFRJFwGM@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Mike Hough who wrote:
>Put this together using Jaime's hf2iso.pov and a custom compile of pov in
>which I altered the media code. Unfortunately the isosurface and media
>didn't play well together, so I wound up killing the settings of the
>isosurface in order to get it to render. Took 10 hours 30 minutes to render
>this which is way too long.

I notice two tiny errors.

1: Because of the way that bows are created, they always appear
perfectly perpendicular to the line of sight, so you never get a
perspective effect like that.

2: The gap between the two bows is way too narrow.

On the up side, I see that you did include the Alexander's Band. Most
people who depict rainbows don't bother with that.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure