POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ini_option : Re: ini_option Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ini_option
From: Glen Berry
Date: 8 Feb 2000 00:23:09
Message: <G6afOBFP9HrgoOdHErxswSC=dhQO@4ax.com>
On Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:34:42 +1030, PoD <pod### [at] merlinnetau> wrote:

>I've always considered it obvious that the scene file describes the
>_scene_ not the image.

Now, that statement could get rather philosophical!  :)

I wonder if, since it's strictly a description of the scene as you
say, should we remove the camera from the scene file? (Unless of
course, it actually appears in the scene as a reflected object or
something.)     <just kidding with you>

>Some kind of Allow_Scene_Ini_Options option strikes me as a good idea.

That would make me happy.

If the POV-Team wants, it could be an option that is disabled by
default. Then only those users that really want it would be using it.
That would greatly reduce the potential support problems - if that is
the concern for them with this issue.

later,
Glen Berry