POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 4 May 2000 23:46:30
Message: <FUMSOZRek52TE5mBLKHN7VYeCs19@4ax.com>
On Thu, 04 May 2000 16:48:44 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>> This curve is also very similar to a generic representation of the
>> response curve of photgraphic film. It would need some modification to
>> work as a film response emulator, a subject I raised earlier.
>
>This sounds like it would best be done with the "curves" filter I am
>planning, which takes a 3D spline or a color_map for the curve...

Splines sound like a good idea. I wasn't sure how elaborate you were
wanting to get. It would be really nice to be able to enter a series
of values (input vs output levels), and have the software generate a
smooth response curve from them.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )