POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg : My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Feb 2000 20:14:30
Message: <FTKzOC7PJu4Ufi6aOgAJMuyz0fvg@4ax.com>
Here's an in-progress render of a scene I'm working on. There's still
a lot to be done but I felt like sharing it anyway. Please let me know
what you think.

The elephant was modelled in the Rhino eval. The flame is a highly
modified Howard Day one. The walls have a weird normal and that's
about all there's to this image.

Right now the walls are a rounded box with a normal. I'd greatly
appreciate it if someone could help me make an isosurface version of
that.

Render time was 3 hr 5 min in the background on a K6III/400. Memory
consumed was 23 MB (yes it's a big mesh :) ). Radiosity was used but
only because I forgot to turn it off.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700