POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torpedoes for HowardÂ… : Re: Torpedoes for Howard. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torpedoes for Howard.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Mar 2000 12:38:01
Message: <FPe=OEk4N+n07d9aVN0ohJD7kDaj@4ax.com>
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:11:29 -0600, "Bob Hughes"
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

>No, it's a file system thing :-)
>blomb.s.jpgcopy isn't recognizable as a jpeg file (by any program I would think)
>since the extension is wrong.  There should have been a space between .jpg and
>copy like the other two.
>
>Bob

IrfanView informs me that this file is a jpeg with a wrong extension
and offers to rename it for me.

Renaming the file to "*.jpg copy" wouldn't solve the problems some
people are having because the extension would still be unrecognizeable
as a standard JPEG/JFIF one (the most common ones  are .jpg and .jpeg
but there are others). It should read "* copy.jpg" if your system only
relies on extensions to distinguish file types.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700