POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What happened : Re: What happened Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened
From: Glen Berry
Date: 18 Feb 2000 23:55:21
Message: <DiCuODkstCybd1qDHDbg9M6h7Qup@4ax.com>
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:28:36 -0500, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

>How about povray.binaries.images.XXXX, where XXXX is the year? That way, you
>could get better organized, and the current group would be smaller.

I was thinking of this, but didn't mention it for some reason. It's
actually what I would like to see happen. As far as I'm concerned,
this could be done to some of the other groups on this server as well.
News readers weren't usually designed with the idea of immortal
postings in mind. It really bogs down the process when there are so
many old posts in a group.

For what it's worth, I have both online and offline readers. My
offline reader has the option to only download headers if I want. If
new groups were formed for the old posts, I would only download the
headers for reference. I wouldn't download the message bodies or
attachments, unless I saw something that really interested me. Odds
are, I wouldn't download much of anything that is over a year old. It
would be nice to have the ability to do so, if I wanted, of course.

later,
Glen Berry