POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cobra Mk III : Re: Cobra Mk III Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cobra Mk III
From: David Parrott
Date: 11 Dec 2001 21:18:35
Message: <DRhRMDASfrF8IwoI@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
In article <3c1694a1@news.povray.org>, James Taylor <james@jamestaylor.
fsworld.co.uk> writes
>...however frontier never really lived up to expectations and I remember
>still playing elite after I bought frontier.
>As I remember I achieved a pretty fine rating. maybe its time to dig the
>A500 out....although I hear theres a soon to be released version of elite
>(release 4 maybe) for the PC which should be mostly funkadelic.
>
>"Elite, a game? It's a way of life" ;-)

I always preferred Frontier over Elite or FFE (Frontier: First
Encounters). Never could get the hang of docking in Elite, always
crashed ;).

Elite 4 isn't due out till about 2004 the way it's going at the minute.
For the record you can now download FFE from www.eliteclub.co.uk and
then get JJFFE from www.jaj22.demon.co.uk to make it run on windows.
Good fun :).
--