POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Planets WIP : Re: The Planets WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Planets WIP
From: Marc van den Dikkenberg
Date: 6 Jan 2002 17:15:59
Message: <D8w4PHmockJHtU52bRd9Nr8zXcAh@4ax.com>
On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:13:37 -0700, "Kevin Loney" <klo### [at] pt2mcom> wrote:

>Started this 4 or 5 days ago and finally got this far, my main problem are
>the radiosity artifacts below the casings. Second proplem is the media I
>used for the sun, needs a little tweaking. Anyone have any
>suggestions/comments?

Obviously the sun isn't to scale, but it would be pretty hard to get a
recognizable overview of the entire scene it it would be.

Any reason why you've chosen to not put the sun on a pedestal, like you've
done to all the planets?

Also, I notice that you've included Earth's moon, but left out the moons of
the other planets...
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg