POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Fractal patch? : Re: Fractal patch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal patch?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Nov 1999 08:57:49
Message: <BLMyOCoqlyk3DeEzd4Q2X8emSKG+@4ax.com>
On 17 Nov 1999 05:57:46 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>Simen Kvaal <sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:
>: So,
>: what happened to it? What's the end of the story?
>
>  I have sent the current version to Nathan and Ron, so it should appear
>with the next versions of uvpov and superpatch.
>  Currently I'm just collecting improvement ideas. When I get enough precise
>suggestions, I will probably add them to the patch and send a new version.
>Don't expect this to happen in a very near future.
>  The current patch should be powerful enough for anyone interested to
>explore hours and hours its possibilities, though.
>
>  I'm very glad that someone cares. Thank you.

Did you eventually code Mark's mandel3d fractal? How about the various
z functions (sin, cos etc.)?

BTW I spent three days searching for info on how to raise a complex
number to a complex power. I found no explanation, anywhere, though I
did find some commercial C and Python libraries for doing it. For now,
I'll just consider it impossible.

The filters in Fractal Explorer that I mentioned were written as some
weird formulas using notation I had not seen anywhere else. So much on
those...

The Julibrot is a really beautiful, but quite slow fractal. Maybe you
could consider adding it, too. There's a detailed explanation in the
FractInt help.

And the last suggestion -- how about .FRM parsing? That will be the
hardest one to write, maybe some of the code is already in the
Isosurface formula parser. Maybe not. Think about it...

See? Someone else cares :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700