POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : audio sync test : Re: audio sync test Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: audio sync test
From: Dan Byers
Date: 13 May 2003 07:23:39
Message: <BAE63FE5.65BE%goofygraffix@huntel.net>
in article 3ec0af59$1@news.povray.org, Tim Nikias v2.### [at] timnikias@gmx.de
wrote on 5/13/03 3:39 AM:

> Cute! Looks cartoonish, without the
> interpolation inbetween, but thats probably
> desired?

Yes, it was.  The ani runs at 24 FPS, but could just as easily run at 12,
which would be similar if I was shooting on twos for a film cartoon.  I made
13 or so mouth "shapes" using a prism object and used that to difference
from the main head shape.  The closed mouths were sphere/cylinders that were
traced() on the head; used Chris Colefax' spline macros to make the actual
shapes.  Audio was recorded in Opcode DSP for Mac, using my AKG mic and
little Mackie mixing board, no compression (this time, definitely will use
on future projects).

Dan
Goofy Graffix - http://hometown.aol.com/goofygrafx
DanByersArt - http://www.huntel.net/goofygraffix