POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 3D in java : Re: 3D in java Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:57:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D in java
From: Fidel viegas
Date: 22 Nov 2002 16:56:48
Message: <BA04575F.72D7%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
in article web.3dde7d9ba90910c678085f090@news.povray.org, IIVQ at
tij### [at] stamadviesnl wrote on 22/11/02 6:55 pm:

> Hi
> For a university project we need to make a 3d programme in Java.
> And unfortunately, we're not allowed to use the Java3D classes, so we will
> have to make either a renderer or a raytracer (or both) in java...
> Does anyone know where I can find more information on:
> -Simple instructions to make your own raytracer/renderer
> -A simple parser (ie: what does a parser need to do? things like bounding
> boxes etc)
> -Java 3d programming examples. (not using Java3D)

Hi Tijmen,
Have a look at this library http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~robin/JavaGL/
(This is an openGL bind written in pure Java).
There is an open source raytracer written in Java. I think it is called
Raja. Just type that in Google and see if you can find it.

Hope that helps.

All the best

Fidel.