POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Power-walking a figure-8 (744KB) : Re: Power-walking a figure-8 (744KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power-walking a figure-8 (744KB)
From: Fidel viegas
Date: 18 Nov 2002 22:12:32
Message: <B9FF5B5B.706E%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
in article 3dd958dd@news.povray.org, Tom Bat### [at] thomasbates@shaw.ca wrote
on 18/11/02 9:15 pm:

> Thank you Fidel,
>
> Yes, the character is a bit funny.  See my response to Fernando.
>
> I was going to let it go, but since both you and Fernando have commented on
> it, I see
> it may be a sticky point for the IRTC judges.  Still, I'm not sure what to do
> about
> it.

It would be worth to try cause I have seen animations at the IRTC
competitions with very funny characters. you character just needs some
touches here and there, and you are done. Don't give up!!! It's worth to
try.

> I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Character Studio or its capabilities.

I don't know much about it either, but I remember reading an article about
it on a magazine.

> The only tools I've used for my character animation macros are POVRay, a
> calculator,
> graph paper, pencils, live models (me and everyone else I see),

I also use the same, but have never tried Character animation with povray. I
will some day.

>and a 4-year
> engineering degree (hey it's good for something after all }:8} ).

Join the club. It was worth the studies.
I always kept wondering where I was going to apply all those mathematical
formulas and theorems. Now I know where.

Don't give up on the IRTC. Were you planning it for the current topic?

All the best

Fidel.