POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rolling, rolling, rolling... : Re: rolling, rolling, rolling... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rolling, rolling, rolling...
From: Dan Byers
Date: 18 Jun 2002 21:14:42
Message: <B93544BA.CED1%goofygrafx@aol.com>
in article 123### [at] 3-enet, Daniel Matthews at NOd### [at] 3-enetSPAM
wrote on 6/18/02 7:27 PM:

> Dan Byers wrote:
>
>> ... this one's called "Slightly Left of Center" (that name popped into my
>> head just now... crazy)... as always, comments joyous and evil are
>> welcome...
>
> Try some color variants, texture the goo to look like ochre (colored mud)
> and use earthy colors (some of your patterns look like Australian
> Aboriginal art). Or make the goo semi transparent with layers of goo planes
> that interact with each other to give more depth to the image.
>
> Perhaps even combine ocher goo shapes on wet goo panels in layers.

there's _tons_ of possibilities for this sort of style... I have a friend
who does a lot of acrylic paintings using mostly a pallet knife, and I was
trying to capture that rough-edged sort of texture... naturally, it takes
off in its own crazy direction... actually reminds me more of toothpaste :).
I intend of revisting this style soon, but in the meantime, I've got other
weird things to work on...

--
dan
http://hometown.aol.com/goofygrafx