POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Is there any way to make a custom pattern? : Setting animation parameters in file Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:51:45 EDT (-0400)
  Setting animation parameters in file
From: Lazarus Plath
Date: 17 Apr 2001 06:21:04
Message: <B7016789.5720%lazarusp@earthlink.net>
I've made a program that creates POV scenes and I'd like to make animations.
I can't really use the clock to modify my model so I generate an include
file for each frame and create animations like this:

# if (clock = 1)
#include frame01.inc
#end

#if (clock = 2)
#include frame02.inc
#end
etc....

The problem is that I want to completely automate the process; generate all
the files, open the animation file, then render; but I've been unable to
specify the clock and frame variables. I have to open the render settings
window and manually set the values under the animation tab. Is there a way
to set this up in the file (the initial_clock, final_clock, initial_frame,
final_frame variables)? In the documentation I read about INI files where
you can specify these things, but I've been unable to get POV to recognize
the INI. How do I use an INI?

Also, is there anyway to have POV automatically render? I havnt seen
anything about applescript. In my program I press a button and the scene
file is created and opened in POV automatically, then I have to go to all
the trouble of pressing command-R ;) Any way to skip that last step?

This newbie appreciates all suggestions

-laz