POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier_plane_uv macro : Re: Bezier_plane_uv macro Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier_plane_uv macro
From: yasu
Date: 1 Nov 2000 20:34:20
Message: <B626F356.54E3%iwaentcl@po.bunbun.ne.jp>
Hi, Hugo

> I find this to be very very interesting!! I just downloaded the file,
> and now I'll begin to experiment... If this works as I hope, I'll be
> happy!  :o)
>
> Thank you so far, for your work!
>
> Hugo

Thank you for coment to my work.
If my work helps you, I am so happy too.

Hi,Chris Huff.

> I have often wondered how difficult it would be to add something like
> this to the height_field object...have it automatically stitch together
> bicubic patches and remove redundant areas. This would render a little
> faster, be much more memory efficient, and easier to use...but I have no
> idea how easy it would be to code, or where to start coding. It would
> certainly be better than ordinary "smooth" height_fields, though...

Yes, I thik so.
This curved surface will not be interesting if it is used as a substitute of
smooth height field. I dont`t have usefull modeller because my machine is
Macintosh (iMac DV). I want a free curved surface object with UV mapping.
I am now going to plane the new work. I will try to create a flower object
by using this macro insted of using modeller.
I post the new picture.
In  this flower, petal and leaf is created by Bezier_Plane_UV macro, and
stem is created by sphere_sweep object.

Thank you.

<Yasu.I>

Post a reply to this message