POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) : Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 05:54:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Official Mac 3.1g (PPC)
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 20 Jul 1999 09:09:09
Message: <B3BAB245-3337D3@147.109.83.18>
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 5:34 PM, Thorsten Froehlich <mailto:tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
>In article <3793b8ba@news.povray.org> , "Martin Crisp"
><Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:

<snip>

>> I insert the CD (though I suppose a trivial but long #while loop would
>> discount memory being the problem). Again I still think it's related to
>> the doubly-declared macro given the line that always causes the problem.
>> I'll write a couple of trivial macros and test it that way...
>
>Hmm, this hole issue is very strange. Parsing has nothing to do with any
>Macintosh specific code and there is no code that specifically interacts
>with CDs or any other media.  It might be that you have an invalid path
set

Gotta be something happening when a disk insert event happens. Weird that
it seems to be CD specific though. Haven't had a chance to check the
extension set yet though... (could still be this end - easily even).

>to search for include files. The Mac OS sometimes has strange ideas on
where

OK, I'll move my prefs sideways (only one path is showing in the prefs)...
no, still dies (specified a second include path too).

However, chose a different execution path in the include this time
(unsmoothed triangle routine also calls the doubly-declared macro), again
it died on the line asking for that macro - this is beyond coincidence -
and it's the original scene file it can't find. Somewhere a vRefNum is
being lost (guessing - but it sure looks like it - he says blithely without
sighting the code :-) - hey it could even be apple's code that's got the
hole [blasphemy])

>to search for files. Does the bug appear if the CD is inserted before you
>start rendering?

No. Nor does it matter if I (for example) start playing an audio CD after
parsing has started (didn't expect it would since data CDs cause the same
behaviour).

>It would be great if you could create a simple source file to reproduce
the
>problem. Please send the file along with a bug-report form (in the
>documentation folder) to mac### [at] povrayorg.

Will play...

Have Fun
Martin
--
Owner/Operator - Tesseract Computing
<hypercube 'at' tesseract.com.au> or just reply.

Computer Systems Officer - Tourism Tasmania
<Martin.Crisp 'at' tourism.tas.gov.au>

I speak for me.