POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Free Windows C++ Compiler Available : Re: Free Windows C++ Compiler Available Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Windows C++ Compiler Available
From: David Parrott
Date: 22 Feb 2000 14:39:00
Message: <9up4qFAjYrs4IwUH@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
In article <38B0ACD8.5C5A676C@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
writes

>Followups-to: povray.programming
>
>See http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/
>
>I don't know if it's got everything needed to compile POV for Windows
>but it's a good start. Maybe some of you folks could beat on it a bit
>and see if it works. If it does work for compiling POV-Ray let me know
>and I'll link to it from the links pages at povray.org.

Another free windows C or C++ compiler is available at
http://www.bloodshed.nu called Dev-C++. There is also a C only windows
compiler call Lcc-Win32 available at http://cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/
(I think that is right, if not search in Google for "lcc-win32" with the
quotes).
--
  David Parrott    E-mail: xam### [at] quayles1demoncouk
                      ICQ: 13313977