POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Background or sky_sphere and radiosity : Re: Background or sky_sphere and radiosity Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background or sky_sphere and radiosity
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Mar 2001 05:09:53
Message: <9ld6bt8jcrucpgh9559ir77rskus3fnb75@4ax.com>
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:15:46 +0100, Disnel
<dis### [at] hlavacek-partnercz> wrote:

>Is possible to use some textured sky_sphere, but specify, that each
>raiosity ray, which geos out of scene, gathers some specified color, not
>color of sky? When  I have blue sky, all objects in scene takes blue
>color, it not what I want...

For your sky, try using a large hollow sphere with no_reflection (in
MegaPOV). This should cause the sphere to be visible by camera rays
only (i.e. directly). Specify whatever background color you wish and
it should tint the radiosity accordingly.

Oh, and please let us know if it works :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg