POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Could you be a US citizen? : Re: Could you be a US citizen? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could you be a US citizen?
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Sep 2009 18:33:37
Message: <9ld5b51edr0le9spj0d54012lq0td1f2l4@4ax.com>
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:02:01 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I got more than 50% right I can't answer 1, 2 and 4.
>
>Where are you from? The UK?

Aye

>SPOILERS:
>

>Did you slap your forehead when you looked up the answer to #1?  As in, was
>it so easy you didn't realize what they were asking? Or did you not know?

I did not look it up. I do not understand the question. What does the term "the
supreme law of the land" mean?

>Hmmm... Do other countries have "bill of rights"

Yes the English Bill of Rights 1689 (An Act Declaring the Rights and Liberties
of the Subject and Settling the Succession of the Crown) and the Scottish Bill
of Rights (Claim of Right Act 1689) existed 100 years before yours :P

>as a marketing term? Around
>here, we talk about "car buyer's bill of rights" and "airline passenger bill
>of rights" and crap like that, but I wonder if such terminology has leaked
>into other countries.

Not here yet ;)
--

Regards