POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere - FRAG : Re: CGSphere - FRAG Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere - FRAG
From: Kyle
Date: 19 Mar 2007 09:50:21
Message: <9e8tv2tm1co305m434in0f2skeuo65cvsf@4ax.com>
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:32:01 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Look at the texture used in 'isocacti.pov' that is in the scenes directory
>of POV-Ray. That would do the trick I think. The secret is 'micro normals'
>but also even more a pigment_ or color_map with enough contrast, very
>strongly scaled down.

Cool.  I'll check that out later tonight.

>By the way: concerning the tree shadows in your image: try to make the tree
>cast shadows only on the sand, not on the background (using light_group).
>That might be an interesting approach.

That's a good idea that I hadn't though of.  Maybe by moving the shadow to not obscure
the grenade so much, and using light groups as you suggested, I can get a better
effect.

Thanks for the ideas!!!

Kyle