POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser Wolf - Wolf.jpg : Re: Poser Wolf - Wolf.jpg Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Wolf - Wolf.jpg
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Aug 2009 07:19:27
Message: <9aef95hs2fd04ar1fgavm6v34miafois8v@4ax.com>
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 03:46:05 EDT, "Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>> A quick Poser Wolf converted to Pov inc by PoseRay
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>      Stephen
>
>This is in reference to the original thread about the fox:  Attached is the
>unposed, untextured, WIP in wings.  I'm not sure I have the proportions right,
>but not too bad for an afternoon of work.

Pretty good IMO. It looks like a fox.

>Stephen I've never used poser, what is it like for rigging existing models?

You can't do any mesh work using Poser but there are parameter dials for various
features of a Poser body. E.g change the size of the ears/mouth/eyes, get then
to point in different directions etc.
You can also use "deformers" such as magnets.

>Is the export process convoluted?

No, it is quite easy to export a Poser model to various mesh formats. I
generally use OBJ with its UV mapping and bump mapping.
--

Regards
     Stephen