POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Good old KKTEASET source pretty please ??? : Re: Good old KKTEASET source pretty please ??? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good old KKTEASET source pretty please ???
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Dec 1999 16:37:18
Message: <97ZWOP9XkO5075v0xx6UFvl1tykM@4ax.com>
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 05:36:24 +0200, "Me  :)" <cra### [at] netactivecoza>
wrote:

>Thanx for the replies here !  :)
>I also have the povray CD, and  I found the same file on there,
>zipped with a jpg image.
>
>Unfotunately that brings me right back to square one....
>If anybody knows where I can find the source for this image,
>I would be real happy. All I want is the ground stone texture source.
>I want to do sometnig similar, but with a different design.
>
>I have tried a few heightfields, but I just can't get the effect I want.
>Seems to be quite a tricky one this.
>
>Fanx !!    ;)
>Charl

If you're thinking about the image I think you're thinking about, then
you've got a problem. The effect you see is due to a bug in POV-Ray's
interpretation of normals (and bump_maps in particular iirc). I think
the bump_map has been fixed at some point of the 3.1 development, but
the general normal bug is still there, thus rendering any attemp to
reproduce the effect with a height_field imposible. I think you just
have to come up with the right bump_map and render it with, say, 3.0.
I might be wrong, though. Life shows I often am :)

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700