POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 3 : Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 3 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Glimpse of A Bigger World - take 3
From: Glen Berry
Date: 16 Jun 2003 05:25:09
Message: <972revsse9un9pbqml0i45od1oqkpujhp2@4ax.com>
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 01:00:39 +0100, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

>The hills look too far away, as if the egg must be on the edge of a cliff.
>Perhaps just put a few blades of grass around the base of the egg to suggest the
>ground it's sat on.

<message>

<rebuttal>
I don't agree. While it is easy to imagine that the "egg" is resting
on higher ground than much of its surrounding area, at least in the
direction this image is pointed, I don't get the feeling of a "cliff"
at all. Even if it were resting on a cliff--so what? What would be
wrong with that?
</rebuttal>

<  :)  >
Must everything (especially if it is even remotely spherical in shape)
be resting firmly on a flat and level checkered plane, rendered in its
totality, with the utmost in sharpness and precision?
</  :)  >

<praise>
I like this image a lot. I think the perspective of the image is just
fine. I've seen lots of photographs that have a similar feel to them.
</praise>

<suggestion>
I do have one little suggestion. If you crop a little off the top of
this image, I think it draws more attention to the eye, and helps to
add to the feeling of isolation and disparity between the figure
inside the egg and its surroundings. I'm suggesting a modest amount of
cropping here. One should still be able to see some blue sky over the
top of the egg.
</suggestion>

<close>
later,