POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 4 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:56:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4
From: yesbird
Date: 22 Feb 2023 12:05:37
Message: <96084be1-7f31-9f08-0d9c-4a5125e21386@gmail.com>
On 22/02/2023 19:36, Mike Miller wrote:
> Very cool. I was doing the same. I was at Ohio State in 1980...worked a bit in
> the super-computer lab testing LightScape and pre Renderman. Chuck Csuri of
> Cranston Csuri was teaching and doing mind blow art there. That's how I got
> hooked on 3D. They had some crazy hardware for the time.

You are a lucky man, accessing such hardware and working with such
famous people at those times ...

In the 90's at Moscow Institute of Applied Mathematics we only dreamed
about Silicon graphics stations, having some outdated HP. But that was
a great time - I discovered the 3D world, and still love it, while
working with other technologies, just for living.

Time is going too fast, I am trying to implement my old ideas now, hope
I will do at least some of them...

 > FYI ...I still live in the Columbus region. Gray and rain today. haha
In Moscow is cold and windy now - best weather for rendering :)
--
YB