POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Submarine with spherical iris (264 kb) : Re: Submarine with spherical iris (264 kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:36:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submarine with spherical iris (264 kb)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 24 Feb 2002 07:30:34
Message: <94nh7u43j2sg03969h33pjnpftudimbmot@4ax.com>
Hi Timothy R. Cook, you recently wrote in povray.binaries.animations:

> BtW, I noticed that the normal doesn't change position while the
> pieces rotate, giving a somewhat disconcerting appearance.  How
> would I fix THAT?
Did you apply the material to the referenced object or the group? It
needs to be applied to the single object (Iris01). Then it
automatically stays fixed with the object, so that when you rotate it,
the texture goes with it (provided you have left the texture
coordinate at the default 'local' setting).

Followups to moray.win

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray