POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Chambers
Date: 29 Dec 2008 10:20:06
Message: <933469AE87B242FFAE88AF199FE01C42@HomePC>

Just a quick note: a few quick calculations will show that 1600 samples
is not enough for things like a lightbulb across the room, or the sun in
the sky, to be effectively used for radiosity.

> implement some adaptive algorithm. I also think it would be a good
idea
> to flag
> objects as "radiosity targets", like it is done with photons, to
inform
> the
> sampling algorithm about small but bright objects so it can shoot a
few
> more
> rays in that direction.

That would be a great way to deal with what would otherwise be extremely
large sample sets.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com