POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sculptures in Glass and Metal (5 images at 320x240) : Re: Sculptures in Glass and Metal (5 images at 320x240) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sculptures in Glass and Metal (5 images at 320x240)
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 10 Mar 2001 20:18:46
Message: <8vjlatcingg8pc0a933rosp6nmip51su5b@4ax.com>
On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 17:39:07 -0600, "Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom>
wrote:
>Reminds me of an art gallery in Huntsville, AL when they had various glass
>scultures on display.  Esp. the first and last renderings.  There were some
>with metals added.  I never got around to modelling any from the photos I
>made.
>Seems to me you didn't use MegaPov for these.  Would improve them a lot I
>believe.

MegaPov was used, but the only features used were blurred reflections,
variable reflection, method 3 media and radiosity.

Fade_color was not used as absorption media gave a better glass
effect. (Fade_color gives the glass an appearance of being an ambient
light source.)

Photons were not used as test renders with photons showed no
improvements over regular caustics for 1 and 2, so I didn't try it for
the others.

I'm currently rendering a new Sculpture (number 6), also tested with
photons, and again gone for plain caustics.

 \/  \ Justin Whitton                          /  \/
_/\__/ mail: jus### [at] rayjayclaracouk \__/\_
 \/  \ web: www.rayjay.clara.co.uk             /  \/
_/\__/\MSN Messenger ID:msn### [at] rayjayclaracouk/\__/\_