POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray for Tile Generation : Re: POV-Ray for Tile Generation Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Tile Generation
From: Glen Berry
Date: 21 Jun 2003 16:40:04
Message: <8of9fvsahgqsmjva6l78324s9kq8bdh3g9@4ax.com>
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:23:19 -0400, Xilo Musimene <xil### [at] hotpopcom>
wrote:

>Can you make the kaleidoscope move in a nice way? For an animated texture?

I would either need to modify the code that selects the exact slice of
the original image that is used for tiling, or you would need to feed
the code a series of frames from a live-action video or animation.

There is also the notion of using color-cycling for an animated
effect, but I'm not sure I could pull that off using only POV. Some of
the 256-color fractal programs used this trick. It might look really
wild combined with one or both the methods mentioned above.

For the record, my povfile outputs are true-color, not 256 color
images. If you want to experiment with color-cycling, the images
probably need to in 256 color mode.

I'll see what I can do to make my current source files a little more
animation friendly.

later,
Glen Berry