POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic! : Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic!
From: ABX
Date: 16 Jul 2003 10:13:30
Message: <8kmahvslht9nrg5jf3lmi5qeko72hhohb2@4ax.com>
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:51:37 +0200, Florian Rustedt <flo### [at] rustedtde>
wrote:
> > If it is mpeg then why it is avi ?
>
> AFAIK, because .avi and .mpg are just containers, it is the same if you choose
> one or the other.

You said you made mpeg and you posted avi. And you say both are containers.
Does it mean you can made avi within mpeg within avi within mpeg within
avi...?

> By now, you can divX or MJpeg in every format, it is like a
> XML file where you can describe what anyone can find in it..

That's not true. MPEG1 is well described file format, not container. MPEG2
somehow kind of container (more possible codings iirc), thought not as
flexible as AVI. AFAIK avi is indeed container and you can even put Word
document inside probably. http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/starting-points.html#faqs

> > And please note purposes of existing povray.binaries.images and
> > povray.binaries.animations. They are explained in
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions/
>
> Sorry, but i don't understand why you are telling me that? Did i something wrong
> by posting my first attempt?

Yes. For some persons downloading over 1MB of animation in group where images
measured in kilobates are expected is not funny. Mentioned url will lead you
to descriptions of groups on this news server.

ABX