POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Man with the Golden Gun... : Re: The Man with the Golden Gun... Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Man with the Golden Gun...
From: Alan Kong
Date: 6 Jan 2000 22:03:54
Message: <8kla7skvng9f67inf0nuhhsph71vjrd58l@4ax.com>
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 00:31:18 -0500, in message
<387428A6.2EBAF91D@ij.net>, Matt Giwer <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote:

>    OTOH the gun in the movie of that title was created for the movie and was
>not a revovler. If you can find a picture of that it will be much easier to
>model.

  I'm not positive on my recollections but wasn't that weapon made by
Desert Eagle and named something like "Auto Mag"? Whatever it was
called, I saw a guy with one at a local outdoor range. The slide broke
off the gun when he was firing it and I saw him holding the pieces,
trying to figure out how it failed. I have no idea if he was firing
non-recommended loads through the weapon, or not.