POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : universal filler : universal filler Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  universal filler
Date: 22 Apr 2002 05:03:51
Message: <8kj7cuccjtgn7mild2vgnss9c5nrrifetu@4ax.com>
Inspired by recently posted spheres I started easy (I hope), flexible and
universal macro for placing objects. On attached image I placed 100 randomly
generated primitives inside rotated povlogo. I took 35 minutes on PII 233. It
was started with .001 accuracy - it means that deep if intersections for
placed objects is no more .001 unit. Any finite solid object can be placed.
Things like stone walls or stack of matches can be done I think. Of course it
requires CPU a lot but internally it works with functions to remove influence
of slow parsing. I have started more packed version yesterday (1000 objects in
the same povlogo) but still parses. Any comments ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'filler.png' (52 KB)