POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. : Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Oct 2002 07:12:06
Message: <8k9iru0654lno1o6p0p5b8c6673scuacn8@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:43:44 EDT, "Lunaxx" <jka### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>For example if I render sphere and map it with
>some kind of material, for example blue Azurite stone (I'm using Moray)
>everything looks Ok, except the fact that there's dithering in the sphere.
>It looks like if there would be only like 16 shades of blue or something,
>not 256 as it should be. I wonder what's wrong? I don't have 256 color
>desktop or anything...

Are you sure you are running in a true-color video mode (24-bit or
32-bit)? If you run in high-color (16-bit), banding will occur on
screen. The image POV-Ray produces as a file will in all cases be
smooth, but if your monitor can not show its full potential, POV is
not to blame :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg